My favourite Parliament albums are:

Funkentelechy vs Pacebo Syndrome ("Flashlight"), Mothership Connection
("swing down sweet chariot" - not futuristic?!), Motor Booty Affair ("Aqua
Boogie" is all over the place now with modern R&B) and Up For The Down
Stroke (if only for "The Goose"!)

I realised how militant I can get about Parliament a few months back when
someone moaned round at mine that Motor Booty Affair just wasn't funky.
Grrr! I think "Flashlight" pretty well shows what he's (Derrick May) on
about. Although there's no real equivalent, Juan Atkin's Infiniti or "Deep
Space" era Model 500 stuff often has that feel for me. He definitely puts on
his best P Funk voice for singing, too.

Jonny.

"I'm as happy as a monkey with a peanut machine"

> please suggest some parliament funkadelic albums which would help solidify
in my mind what Derrick May means when he says detroit techno is kraftwerk
and george clinton in an elevator.