> If your are looking for info Richie Hawtin,
> Derrick May or f*cking Moby, it's all in there,
> obviously, but also names you (me) wouldn't expect
> like Michael James, Frank de Groodt & Astralasia.

Yes, there's a reason we didn't call it the All Music Guide to Techno... ;>
There *are* hundreds of 313 names in there (many who aren't in the Rough
Guide) and we're probably heaviest on techno, but we did have to scrimp to
fit all the other people out there, ones who've either done something we
judged fits under the electronica umbrella, or had an earlier impact on the
sound.  AMG is a listeners guide, so we don't leave artists out just because
they're popular or we don't like their music -- though we definitely take
bad music to task.

> But apparently you have a major influence on
> the development of dance music when you have
> a mixed CD out Boxed /  Global Underground.

Well of course not, but for the people who don't know anything about dance
music and want to figure out what Digweed or Sasha or maybe even (heaven
forbid) Danny Tenaglia is doing, we'll tell them what's it all about and if
it's any cop.

John

NP: Flying Burrito Brothers
        (briefly considered but later dropped for AMG to Electronica)