At the risk of maybe stepping on some toes here, I, for one, don't think
promoters are necessary.  The atmosphere and line-ups at the first two
DEMF's pretty well speak for themselves, in my opinion.  When you have
people on the advisory board like the group that has been assembled for this
year, I would think they could contact and deal with the artists/performers
directly, rather than adding a middle man acting as an agent who's going to
add his own fee into the cost and further add to the expenses.  I'd also be
concerned about a promoter possibly pushing or attempting to book another
performer under his umbrella that probably wouldn't fit into the DEMF
lineup, just for the sake of the almighty dollar.

But all of that aside, I agree that the panel (its make-up in particular) is
a step in the right direction.  I believe the DEMF's future will be okay
(maybe even bright, perhaps?), but we shall see what unfolds this year. :)

Matt
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://www.magicmattkelly.com