I had wanted to go to the KMS afterparty last year at The Works... my
schedule did not allow for that, unfortunately.  I think tickets for that
were pretty reasonable, something like $15 at the KMS booth at DEMF, and $20
at the door.  That included Kevin Saunderson, D. Wynn, Herdest Cummings, and
Carl Cox (who "sicked out" on the DEMF but managed to make it to the
afterparty, I heard).  I don't know who was charging so much, but you
wouldn't have seen me at any of the high dollar afterparties.

In regards to streaming the sets over the web from the stages, didn't
Groovetech provide a live feed and/or an archive of the sets as well?  Or
maybe that was just for the first DEMF, I'm not sure.  I don't think they
are around anymore, so it's anyone's guess as to who might handle it this
year.  KMS Productions has a nice streaming broadband audio/video feed of
the Monday evening set with Inner City, Juan Atkins, and I also believe
Derrick May (before the hailstones hit) on their site at kmsproductions.com.

Matt
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://www.magicmattkelly.com