Gwendal:

absolutely... I'd be curious to know what people on this list think of it,
the reactions I got were either love it or hate it...

at times the Ulrich Schnauss lp feels a bit formulaic and a bit polished, like a *really* skilled producer having a go at doing a downtempo electronica record... but i can't help liking it nonetheless and i've been playing it an awful lot since i picked it up back in December. the melodies are a perfect example of the cute melancholic vibe that i'm a sucker for. on a similar(ish) tip is Christian Kleine - releases on City Centre Offices and Morr Music. top notch stuff.

btw, Ulrich Schnauss is playing a one-off live set in Manchester this Sunday. give Pelicanneck Records (www.pelicanneck.com) a shout for more info.

rob

ps: i know the above's not exactly 313... so, to compensate, a quick review of the new Drexciya lp - "it's decent, but not outstanding. 7 1/2 out of 10."