dj's with an exquisite profile, such as mayday's,
are expected to perform. there is so much background
behind the person, that the average audience don't understand
REALLY where they are comin' from, and just how FAR  they have
travelled, let alone understand what they have seen and heard over an
extended career.

the crowd may have high expectations
these can vary greatly
these can alter the mood of the room
the room may be inadequate acoustically
the room may be unsuitable in many different ways
the monitor might not be able to separate different frequencies
the tonearm could be bent
the system could run feedback
the drinks could be spiked
the cables may be loose
somebody said something stupid
somebody could be hangin' toooo  close
the fish might have not been the catch of the day
the wine could have been oxidized
the bed at the hotel may have been used inappropriately
the flight may have been too long
the queue at the airport may have been too long
the local rag traders my have written some b.s. about some m.f.
the crossfader may be leaking
the crossfader may be lost on the floor somewhere

it goes on, and on,
...and on     and
on

there are an untold number of factors that determine the
absolute nature of a situation..  and the nature of a dj set

for all the m.f's in sydney tonite;
please accept derrick for anythang he presents
and don't analyse anything while you there..just
enjoy the life that he bring

the debonair.