----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: [313] Warp Magic Bus Tour

> My main point is that - as Tristan put it - the
> > grass is always greener on the other side. Lots of US folks think Europe
is
> > heaven, but that often isn't the case.
>
> Damn straight. I live in London, but reading about things like the regular
little Porter Street Parties in Detroit makes my mouth water more than
Derrick May playing Lost ever could!

Yep. But as we know, events like Necto and Porter Street are the exception
to the rule even in Detroit. You would think cities loaded with as much
talent as Detroit, Chicago and (now) LA, the clubs would be awash with
underground offerings. Look at how the Chicago house scene has shrunk in the
last 5-10 years! In the US, New York is the only place I can think of that
offers this. What doesn't New York offer in abundance??? But even when you
have a number of weeklies to chose from, you'll still have your
dissapointments in terms of crowd vibe, DJ's, venue/management issues, etc.
It's really hard to put together a solid underground weekly...

Speaking of N'Yawk... Hit me back offlist if any of you 313NYCers are up for
hooking up at the Richard Bartz LIVE performance at Tronic whenever that's
announed. I don't think I could handle missing that! Anyone seen him live
since he started using a computer to produce? There's a stream from the
March 30th Kurbel party in Munich here:
http://www.kurbel.com/cgi-local/listen.cgi?stream=bartz_live  The first few
minutes sound really tight (gonna have to finish listening later). The
soundbites from Spiralistic seem a bit more electroclash/disco than what I'd
expect from him, but the man can do anything. I'm convinced.

Tristan
Upcoming Gigs:
4/14/02 - Filler @ Blue Room, Adams Morgan, DC
http://www.mp313.com <- Music