Makes sense to who? Sure, the person attending the party but if I've paid for flights and work visas to bring someone into town to perform you better believe I don't want them playing anywhere else at least within a week of my event. It seems someone's going to get a free ride and not have to pay airfare, hotel, visa, etc. to bring someone from overseas or elsewhere.

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:05:37 -0400
To: "Dennis Donohue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "'Grammenos, Peter'" ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "'313'" <313@hyperreal.org>
From: "Lorie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [313] DEMF Afterparties

Where did you hear this? It makes sense to me that some of the artists >play @ the afterparties since they are in town.

Lorie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Donohue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I thought there was a clause in the contract for the DEMF that stated, >an artist playing the DEMF was not allowed to appear at an after >party? Wasn't that the reason that Mark Farina didn't play DEMF last >year? Or is my information not correct?

Truth

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it for myself...