Yeah, why didn't PCM just ask for some promotional photos of some of the
artists slated to play this year? They or their respective booking agencies
should have some photos of them in action. What more, wouldn't Richie have
a case against PCM for using his image when he doesn't endorse them or this
year's DEMF?

MEK

                      neon tse tse

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      et>                      cc:       "Jayson B." <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, <313@hyperreal.org>
                                               Subject:  Re: [313] demf website

                      04/29/02 04:14 PM

that´s all fine with me,

though I couldn´t flip as you do bout certain "coca cola"-aspects -

still the question was: "why is he the MORE popular" ?

many of the things you mentioned would fit

to many different individual Detroit artists -

the way you pronounced it also gives me the impression

as if you think Mr Hawtin is the one doing it "better" -

don´t want to go on with this -

and no question: respect for Mr Hawtins work

but I would prefer to see some more people (from Detroit)

representing on the pictures too -

(imagining about a million young people visiting the page)

out

planetz2002

> 1. Richie Hawtin is more popular because he's a marketing genius.
>
> 2. The Plastikman logo is an icon. Just like Coca-Cola logo.
>
> 3. He ran an extremely successful recordlabel (+8) that didn't limit
> itself to strictly Detroit, therefore it had more sucess outside of
Detroit.