Yes, Richie Hatwin is a serious good artist,

but why is he the "far more popular" one ?

because he's far more accessable, along with his music. because his ability to market himself and his music FAR surpases anyone else in detroit. That point in itself is extremely difficult to dispute.

because he´s "the best" ?

do you believe in "the best" ?

well, yeah, i kinda do ;-)

is it possible he´s "far more popular",

because he also is on so many photos, jpgs, maybe ?

possible?  yeah.  and monkey's might fly out of my butt.

so again we need to enter the question:

why is he on so many photos ?

we don't really need to ask it again, because i still don't think its the reason for his popularity (and i also don't think its because he's a white boy). Getting pictures in magazines a superb dj/producer does not make.