>1980's seem to be trendy now, so all things 80's is hot.<

80's style/influenced New Wave is hot

>then again, techno isn't different enough from current pop/mainstream
dance to make
itself interesting. but electro is. with broken rhythms and things. and
everyone remembers breakdancing and electroboogie, which leads us to
electro (nevermind rap/hip-hop,<

nevermind rap/hip-hop?!

Electo *is* hip-hop! Electro, rapping, graffiti,
bodypopping/locking/rocking (usually called breakdancing), turntablism -
it's all part of the same family!
That's what bugs me about the new wave sh*t being called electro - it's
like calling Blondie a hip-hop artist just because she rapped very poorly
about Fab 5 Freddie!

Please - if you get a chance go see the movie "Scratch" because 1) it's
very entertaining, 2)it's very educational, and 3) it's very inspirational.

MEK