> I would definitely advise you to aim for the lower numbers rather than
> higher. From around vol 6 or so they started to go slightly
> bad, and the
> latter volumes are better defined as early hip-hop than
> electro, imho! But
> volumes 1-4, and the "Crucial Electro" spinoff, are well
> worth getting, with
> classics like "Clear", "The Smurf", "Electric Kingdom", "Hip
> Hop Be Bop" all
> making an appearance. And, as I have a weakness for Captain
> Rock, I find
> them particularly indispensable :)
Thanks for the reco, I found the first Crucial Electro already and it is
nice to hear "Clear" replaced in its original context... I'm not a complete
fan of the other tracks, but some do stand out, like this Egyptian Lover.

> time so was fairly close to the whole process. It was the
> dying years of the
> ambient boom in London, and we were all looking for new
thanks for ths tory, very interesting... I've always been a great fan of
Clear, the level of quality was amazing !

> Everyone needs to hear the following old electro tracks:
>
> Pretty Tony - Fix It In The Mix
> Freestyle - Jam The Box
> Freestyle - Don't Stop The Rock
> Planet Patrol - Play At Your Own Risk
> Captain Rapp - Bad Times
> Garrett's Crew - Nasty Rock
> Twilight 22 - Electric Kingdom
>
> They're certainly the tracks that work the most magic on me,
> but for some
> reason they're not as common as many of the others. "Nasty
> Rock" and "Bad
> Times" in particular are bloody amazing...
thanks for the reco ! the hunt has begun...

Gwendal