the greatest dancer, on m_plant is definately house...disco house even,
since the main loop is from a disco song...as far as i know...

look..i brought robert hood and house back together!

Hi

Good point. I tend to think of the music I'm into as
techno (Detroit stuff, Trapez, Perlon, etc) but
techno's kind of a dirty word around these parts
(because it's been subsumed by the hard monotonous
European variety of techno), so when I'm asked what I
play I say deep electronic house (or sometimes minimal
house, but then minimal's kind of a dirty word too).
At the end of the day techno and house are two ends of
a spectrum, and the distinction is sometimes difficult
to make. Do you think techno as originally defined and
produced by Juan Atkins would be considered techno if
released today? I think it'd probably be called deep
house. But I guess most of Rob Hood's stuff is very
clearly techno, the Nighttime World albums excepted.
And I haven't actually heard the Peacefrog album yet.

Cheers

Chris

> >For people in Sydney: we're starting up a house
> >night on Thursday August 29, and Inertia
(Australian
> >distributors) are giving us copies of Robert Hood's
> >"Point Blank" album to give away on the night.
> >
> >I'll post more details later, but essentially it's
> >$6 dollar night at the Hunter Bar in central
Sydney,
> >featuring Declan Kelly from Melbourne's Honkytonks
> >and Research & Development and Simon Caldwell from
> >Sydney's Mad Racket.
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Chris

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To