Agreed. I refer you to Neil Wallace's earlier response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Lees [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2002 3:25 PM
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] > can you post this to the 313 list... ?

Even with this school of thought you should credit it as someone elses.
It's one thing to use someone elses work, it's another to try an pass it
off as your own (or at least not care if people think it's yours) even
if it is considered to be in the public domain.

--Mike

Robert Taylor wrote:

>>the point is that james newton created
>
> the original piece; it's his work, so he has the right to do with it what
HE

> wants.
> Does he really have that right?
> There is a school of thought that once a piece of work is in the public
> domain it belongs to everyone.

> Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily
> represent those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically
> stated.  This email and any files transmitted are confidential and
intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.
> If you have received this email in error, please notify
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~mhl/