They advocate it, but at the same time don't want to reveal
their sources for fear of other hip hoppers swiping the same loops or
discovering the secret weapons of their record collection :)

I can't stand the concept that if i bought a record, i therefore have the right to keep it 'secret.'

In the same vein, i also don't like it when i dj covers up the label of a track they bought and they wont tell me what it is.

tangent?