From: "Brendan Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [313] Kevin Saunderson

Well techno hadn't up until then been considered a primarily vocal music,
and when you did get vocals they were more likely to be in the Model 500
robotic synthpop style rather than the style used on Inner City.

I don't think so - the early Detroit compilations and releases placed pretty equal emphasis on the vocals being sung ("I Believe", Members of the House, Blake Baxter, "Triangle of Love", "Your Time Is Up", etc.) as well as 'instrumental' stuff.