From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 4:37 PM
To: Michael Lees
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Religious producers/DJ's (was: TERRENCE PARKER)

No there probably won't be any collaborations but this makes me think why
is sex so bad in the eyes of "Christians"? I know it all comes down to
creationism vs. evolution - but really in the end it's about the state
controlling the masses.
Religion is just a means of making everyone fall in line - not a way of
keeping you from "FALLING DOWN".
You can be spiritual without being religious so it's really sad for me to
read TP's words. His music has always been quite spiritual for me and now I
have a feeling it's going to just be religious. Spiritual music has a
voodoo quality to it that makes you move your body (I don't mean that in
any negative way) and is sexual because sex is part of Life, part of what
it means to be a human - religious music removes all that in the name of
making you this sterile, sexless, "vessel of the Lord". If he only wants to
play to "Christians" then fine - preach to the converted then... go hide
yourself away, pull out of society. Even Jesus walked among the "sinful"
because he knew even he was not free from "sin" (whatever that is).
Religion is the opium of the masses.

MEK

                      Michael Lees

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:

                      K>                       cc:       313@hyperreal.org

                                               Subject:  Re: [313] Religious
producers/DJ's (was: TERRENCE PARKER)
                      09/13/02 10:48 AM

 > I've had my
> moments of FALLING DOWN. Two years ago at Shake's Benefit Party @ Motor
here
> in Detroit, I got so drunk that I had to be carried out of the club by
> DJ/Producer Mike Clark and driven home by DJ T.Linder and Superstar Sally
> (his girlfriend at that time). I had an epiphany that following morning
> (while feeling sick ALL DAY), and I decided not to drink ever again.
> It's been two (2) years now, and I haven't had a drink since. The deepest
> part of that experience is knowing that GOD was with me then even though
> still had not given my life to him. He kept his angels around me in the
form
> of Mike Clark, T.Linder, Superstar Sally, Al Oldham, and others. I love
each
> and every one of those people who helped me that night. GOD knew my heart
> and spared me from harm that night. Now I am saved, sanctified, and
filled
> with the Holy Ghost!

You know it's a bad hangover when you wake up and have an epiphany!

I wonder what his views on DJ assault, booty etc are? I don't think any
collaborations are planned?

--
Mike