many major artists sign contracts where they give away too much

control about their art -

they do this for money (needed or greeded ?),

for bigger possibilities in production and for fame ...

- but - they give away the control for money -

many simulate they didn´t - (the big art of entertainment :))

most video´s, promotionstuff etc.. and even much art is not made

or controlled by the artists, no matter how nice they are -

many ideas of presentation are some media-constructions

regulated by some heads in the background -

you talk about Nelly and major artists, as if they would

be the heads of the media-construction and music we hear

but most are just very very talented muppet-entertainers

- tuning their mind into what they are supposed to do for selling -

and even many "conscious messages" and the "conscious clischees"

are getting used in this system as strategies for credibility

for making bucks -

- and at the same time:

yes, not every major-contract is a robot-contract

and some indie´s are just about the same as majors -

but all in all - indie´s don´t make those amounts of money

and they don´t have such a media-control for mass-manipulation -

... but I did like "hot in HER" 2 :)