From: Lee Herrington IV [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 10:09 PM
To: 313
Subject: (313) [313] mixtape of a different media.

  hi folks.  i'm just curious to know if other members have made the move
from mixing down live 2 a tape deck to mixing down live 2 a hard drive...
then to a CD.  i know it's helped my creativity a great deal... as long as i
have disk space i can screw around with whichever tracks i care to.  later i
can save or delete the end results.  in additon, it's nice to create a 79
minute cavalcade of electronic soul as opposed to only 45 minutes for one
tape-side.  just looking for any thoughts or opinions.
  to those of you who actually "play out" to a crowd on a regular basis, do
you make mixes solely for your own listening enjoyment?  what are they
like... freer?  less restricted?

peace,
lrh