I used to, but I'd always end up recording them from MD to the computer
anyway (so I could burn CDs etc). Then one day me and my minidisc player
got caught in a rainstorm, and my days of portable digital music came to
a moist and soggy end! The minidisc player is now completely senile - it
is still alive, but can't do anything and the things it says make no
sense.

Anyway, it was then that I rewired everything to my decks go through the
PC, and now I can cut out the middle-man by recording straight onto hard
drive.

Brendan

| >|
| >|
| >|
| >|   hi folks.  i'm just curious to know if other members have
| >| made the move
| >| from mixing down live 2 a tape deck to mixing down live 2 a
| >| hard drive...
| >| then to a CD.  i know it's helped my creativity a great
| >| deal... as long as i
| >| have disk space i can screw around with whichever tracks i
| >| care to.  later i
| >| can save or delete the end results.  in additon, it's nice to
| >| create a 79
| >| minute cavalcade of electronic soul as opposed to only 45
| >| minutes for one
| >| tape-side.  just looking for any thoughts or opinions.
| >|   to those of you who actually "play out" to a crowd on a
| >| regular basis, do
| >| you make mixes solely for your own listening enjoyment?
| what are they
| >| like... freer?  less restricted?
| >|
| >| peace,