Yeah, I think Gerald actually contributed in quite a major way to
Pacific and got ripped off quite badly by the rest of the group. The
earlier 808 State material is good, but it's not as good as what was
coming out of Detroit and Chicago at that time - for me, it's Pacific
that really differentiated them from the music coming out of the US.

As the Gerald-less 808 State started trying to come up with new
material, though, it all went horribly wrong, and by the time Gorgeous
came out 808 State records were more useful as frisbees than as things
to actually listen to... (imho!)

Brendan

| > |
| > |
| > | The Quadrastate EP from 88/89 is good - "Ex:El" from '91 is
| > | ok. Some of
| > | their material has dated rather badly though IMHO.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |