on 12/15/02 9:48 AM, Adam Haupt at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Are there any black techno people out that there make crappy rocktronica for
> the masses and possess marketable qualities at the same time?

Why cant a Carl Craig or Cajmere character achieve pop music stardom?

> Will Smith is black, but at the same time he is extremely marketable to a
> majority of people.

Will Smith?!
what does he have to do with techno?

on 12/15/02 11:52 AM, Cyclone Wehner at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> There's the Neptunes - NERD - and Chad Hugo knows his techno and house and
> it's evidently an influence. Timbaland. And if Missy's Work It ain't a
> techno/electro record, I don't know what is??
> That new Snoop single From Tha Chuuuch To Da Palace has a techno feel.\

Cyclone you live in Australia.

> Anyway, you can't always use record sales as a baromoter since not every one
> who would go to - and enjoy - a Mills DJ gig would buy a record of his.....
> I think this is something the wider music industry has yet to come to terms
> with, other ways to measure success. How many people per year would hear
> Mills DJ?
>
> Not sure if any of that made sense.

Jeff Mills can only sell out a hand full a good sized venues in select US
cities, Paul Okenfold on the other hand can go on a fifty state tour and
easily sell out each venue.