"and truth be told, a lot of electronic music is released without the artist
making much of anything off the record/CD sales.  its kinda a prerequisite
to doing better live shows, which is where the money (if any) is."

Jay Hogie says: BINGO! You gotta move a scheisseload of units before you
make more than enough for peanut butter & jelly (sorry, no bread).
Economically, I think of releases as an opportunity to make money from
giggin' - at least until I get my label going... Okay, not even then. Screw
it, I live in Royal Oak, I'll just start robbing these yuppie fools. Who's
down wit' me?>>>

JPH.