> I went opening night and couldn't hear anything ... there wasn't *any*
> music?  I'm definitely surprised at that one. I assumed that the video
> clips would switch out and some of the buttons triggered more than just
> interviews?

well, for those of us (a.k.a. casual museum goers) that couldn't make it to the opening, there was no music to listen to other than what was playing beneath the 2-minute interview clips. I imagine it wouldn't have been to difficult to set up one or two listening stations playing a few different tracks or just a simple Mojo mix.

> As for club culture ... that wouldn't exactly be our gift to the world,
> now would it?  I think club/rave culture would have crowded more
> essential information out IMHO, especially considering most of the
> history covered in the exhibit is pre-rave (at least in Detroit).

No, club culture wasn't quite our gift to the world (hehe) but again, for the lay person, a little context might be nice. And, as far as I saw, there wasn't even a mention of Motor (I may have totally missed it, though). Not to fault them too much but they never even described what a DJ actually does. They seemed far more pre-occupied with finding album covers than they did with trying to inform their audience.