Far be it for me to enter into a 'debate', but I didn't assert that
Pro-Tools performs composition. However it can have a decisive effect on
'sound'.  This is due to numerous factors, such as the A/D converters used
(Digidesign, MOTU, Apogee etc.) and the software itself, i.e. the TDM
system of DSP, which is far more powerful than most home systems. Even
though it ends up on a DAT or CD, the difference is audible.

Thanks for the advice on what equipment to use, although I'm afraid I've
never heard of a 'Rompler'.

Regards,

Andrew

Pro Tools is really no difeerant that usin a hardware sequencer, it's not
going to compose tracks for you.
Most of today's vynil is either from a CD or DAT master Pro Tools is only
going to make your master sound better if your using it properly, buy some
nice analog outbourd gear, if you want something raw and warm record an
EMU
SP-12 and a Minimoog into ProTools and buy their Contol 24 mixer with
Focusrite.
If you use a Rompler with cheesy D*gital effects it's going to sound like
an
F*cking rompler.

This email is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received this email in error, you are in notice of its status.
Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
this message from your system. Please do not copy or use it for any
purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so
could be a breach of confidence.
Thank you for your co-operation.

sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The RTL Group
or its associated companies.

Please contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7691 6996
or e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you require further assistance.