Brian 'balistic' Prince wrote on Wed, 5 Feb 2003 about following:

> The only production technique that consistently annoys me is the
> over-use of compression.  Many producers will say they do it to get
>
> An over-compressed track is like a black and white photograph that's
> 90% flat white and 10% flat black black, with no grey in between.

many people try to hide the fact that they cannot mix without
compressors; mixing the sounds of tune is more important than
compressing the sh*t out of it. mixing is art, it takes time to master
it.

i tend to use compressors a bit; i try not to overuse them; and yes, i
know, my mixing skills suck. (no, i'm not referring to playing records)

sakke
--
 - * remixes out now * -
http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/sakke/music.html