Beau Mot Plage was definitely a bit of a shock - I had settled into a
state of benign antipathy towards most of the new electronic records
coming out when suddenly Phil Asher played this amazingly complex and
futuristic piece of music on the radio. Beau Mot Plage momentarily
brought back that sort of excitement, that feeling that here was a piece
of music that in itself represented a small step in the evolution of
electronic music... and obviously Beau Mot Plage has nothing in common
with loopy techno, nor with the "soul" trend that spw has identified.
It's pure techno, doing what it does best.

| |
| |
| | You also hear the influence of repetitive Detroit techno
| | tracks like Funky Funk Funk on techno artist like Dave
| | Clarke who's Red series was very influential on 90's techno.
| |
| |
| |