On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Stuart Thomas wrote:

> I remember John Peel sayin' in an interview that there's only 2 forms of
> music in the world as far as he was concerned, good & bad. And that that's
> down to personal opinion. I agree wholeheartedly.

Since we're on quotes, Duke Ellington: "There are two kinds of music.
Good music, and the other kind."

And the dancing about architecture comment has been attributed to just
about everyone but me and Edd 'Kooky' Byrnes.

http://home.pacifier.com/~ascott/they/famildaa.htm

And my personal best quote, as exhibited in

http://idm.skylab.org/199607/msg00962.html (in someone else's signature,no
less)

"House music is 5000 years of dance music collapsed down to the booty-bumping
eigenvectors."