> mills gets away with it because he drops the right tunes at the right
times
> and mixes with 3 turntables sometimes, which can help cover bad mixing.

I actually really like the mills peel session mix a lot. Jeff was just here
in NYC a bit ago at arc and did a great job that evening as well. The thing
about the peel session mix that I find most interesting is that its really
raw. You can just imagine in your head that he's really running around there
in the studio. Jeff has always taken risks in his sets and what some here
have called trainwrecks I find more character elements of his style. I have
yet to hear any European techno djs deliver with even the slightest
percentage of drive that Jeff does. Remember Jeff's mixing style was
influenced by a lot of really early hip hop djs who just cut records
together. They were trying to capture a sense of energy. Judging perfect
mixing is fine if you can't get past the technique but I tend to think real
artists push the technique to make it their own. I find perfection a bit
boring. Jeff to me is like an impressionistic painter....more about mood
than the details.

+dave