It's funny you should say that, I'm working on a project exploring the
plastic sound
characteristic of the Roland TR- boxes in the spirit of old S. Poindexter,
Mike Dunn with raw
and cheesy analogue/ FM sounds.
Try mixing dry 505/626/727/909 together with no effects it sounds quite nice
and
complementary.
Did you know the TR-707 OHH and CHH are the same sample with different decay
rates
going through an analogue VCA?