----- Original Message -----
From: "spw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: (313) test

> In order for something like this to work someone who is familiar with all
> the new records
> being released from Detroit labels and what the distributors are shipping
> should post this info
> and not only the 313 label/ artist they like.

Someone should slap me for responding, but this really erks me. There is no
magical 'distribution sheet' of music as discussed on this list. Yes, some
people who work at record stores will see stock lists from distributors, but
that's essentially no different than visiting stock lists from all your
favorite stores. In fact, it's even less effective because there's so much
more to sift through before you get to what you want. There are a couple of
reasons why no one posts all the new [313] releases:

a) the music discussed here is very broad. no one has a manual to what is or
is not topical - it just takes common sense and some familiarity with the
subject matter.

b) that information is already easy to find. this is not a network to
consolidate distributor stock sheets. the purpose of this list is to refine
that data and to provide aesthetic commentary, etc.

If you want to see some publicly available stock sheets, subscribe to the
'new release' and 'back in stock' emails from groovetech, juno and rush hour
for a start, then ask questions about those releases here if they don't mean
anything to you. I'm sure there are other distributors and large stores with
good lists. I seem to remember Watts used to have one.

It's really annoying that you persistently berate this list and charge it
with elitism, then argue that there's no good music coming out today.  That
is the result of lazy research and closed-mindedness. There is tons of
amazing music coming out at present. I've bought about 60 records in the
last month and a half - not all brand new or specifically [313], but this
should evidence a few of the amazing records that have been released in the
not-too-distant past:

Russ Gabriel - Spirit Of Corea - Soul On Wax
Black feat Roberta Sweed (prod by Kenny Dixon Jr) - Runaway - Mahogani
Jordan Fields - Organic Dubs - Experience
DJ Cam feat Cameo - Love Junkee ( inc Dilla aka Jay Dee Remix ) - Inflamable
DJ Jazzy Jeff ( feat Jill Scott / J Live / Raheem.... ) - The Magnificent -
bbe
Jesse Saunders - On & On ( Limited Edition ) - Broken Records / Jes Say
Blaze - Spiritually Speaking - Slip N Slide
Kemit Sources - An Ka Sein / Pas An Tombe - Ismaa
Alex Attias & Ed Motta - Patinete / Sus 4 Jam - Visions
Isolee - Its About (inc Mocky mix) - Freundinnen
Slum Village - Trinity (Past Present & Future) - Capitol USA
Instant House ( Joe Claussell ... ) - Instant House 1988 - 1993 ( LTD / inc
Over / Awade / Lost Horizons ... ) - Natural Resource
Dudley Perkins : Flowers
Headman : It Rough - Chicken Lips Remix
The Sea And Cake : One Bedroom
Pepe Bradock : The Forbidden Fruit EP
Joshua : Hustlin' EP
Ana Rago - Youre God (inc mixes by I Cube & Herbert) - Set
The Mighty Bop feat Duncan Roy - Lady ( inc Herbert / Tom & Joyce
Remixes ) - Yellow
Various - inc Atjazz / Charles Webster / Rythm Plate - Public Nylon Vol 2 -
Mantis
Brooks - You Me & Us - Mantis
Brooks - Pink Cigarettes - Mantis
Norma Jean Bell - London Fog - Pandamonium
Miss Bombay 1974 - Mahatmatronic / Hindustan Ambassador - Mantis
Miguel Graca - Monkey Mass EP - Bombay
Various - inc James Mason / Charles Earland / Marlena Shaw / Leon Thomas /
Side Effect.... - Soul Brother Selection - Soul Brother
Freddie Hubbard
Title = Anthology - The Soul-Jazz and Fusion Years 66-82 ( inc Little
Sunflower ) - Soul Brother
Player 1/2 - Automan 4 (inc Wardance) - Automan
Player 1/2 - Automan 2 ( inc Peaches & Prunes ) - Automan
Osunlade - Paradigm - Soul Jazz
Projections - Between Here And Now - Guidance
Muziq - Half Crazy ( The Other Version / Limited New House Mix ) - White
Glad Today - The Music Solstice - M Break
Glowing Glisses - On The Bridge ( Larry Heard Remixes ) - Dessous
The Movers - Love Cosmic Spiritual - Life Line
Little Louie Vega feat Arnold Jarvis - Life Goes On - MAW
Savannah feat Chezere - The Right Time ( inc Trouble Men / Rurals Remixes )
/ Ida V Vuelta / Night Of Time - Kif
Passion Dance Orchestra - Alone Together - Inner Music
Gotan Project - Santa Maria ( Del Buen Ayre ) ( Pepe Bradock / Tom Middleton
Mixes ) - Ya Basta
Kemeticjust - For Your Love (mixes by Pepe Bradock / Fresh & Low / Needs /
Dixon / Freestyle Man) - Silver
Theo Parrish - Segments From The Fifth Wheel - Moods & Grooves
Russ Gabriel - Hes The Man - Out Of The Loop
Pepe Bradock - Un Pepe En Or vol 2 - KIF
Partial Arts ( Ewan Pearson / Al Usher ) - Canopy ( inc Riton / Russ Gabriel
Mixes ) - Out Of The Loop
Various Artists ( Black Strobe / Riton / John Tejada & Titonton / J
Rawls ) - Off Limits 3 PT 2 ( inc Russ Gabriel Remix) - Recreation / Sonar
Kollektiv
Russ Gabriel - Into The Unknown - Out Of The Loop
Kemit Sources - Play / Bor Dlan ( inc I Cube Remix) - Versatile
NDambi - Call Me (Limited Re-Edit) - White
LAIDBACK - WHITE HORSE - AUTOMAN
AUTOMAN 5 - AUTOMAN
RED NOSE DISTRIKT - SCUMBAG/SUNSHINE - RUSHHOUR
CUT CHEMIST VS MADLIB - BUNKY'S PICK - STONES THROW
TAM TAM - MILES - MUSIC FOR SPEAKERS
Glenn Underground - Secrets of CVO EP - Guidance
Seafoam - The Mile High Ep - Guidance
Avalanches - Since I Left You - XL Recordings
Specter/Damon Lamaar - For All The Music/Mystery/Tsunami Rain - Tetrode
Music
New World Aquarium - Spirit Ep - Delsin
Thomas Fehlmann - Visions Of Blah - Kompakt
Pub - Surgery/Cokeshandy - Ampoule
New World Aquarium - Heavy Metal EP - Peacefrog

The only reason I'm posting so much is to try to squash these nonsense
accusations - as though someone is witholding topical information...

Tristan
=======
Text/Mixes: http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
Music: http://www.mp313.com