> it seems at the moment that most people wouldn't (we all like the feel of
> the media (vinyl/cd) in our hands, right?) but when systems such as final
> scratch become more widely, and cheaply, available then perhaps people
> will.

The new Denon CD mixers are fantastic and FS is only £400, so the prices are
coming down. I know what you mean about having something in your hands but I
believe it's time for that to give way now...People need to change the value
in there heads of what an MP3 is worth - and to a certain extent it already
exists, try search for some tracks - Zilcho :) So at least people are
starting to understand the value.

> this brings up the distiction between collectors and djs, most of the
> people on the list (i'm guessing) are a little of both.

True but you can't take them with you :) and I have lots of friends who do
the same with fonts, but just how many do you need?

Martin Dust

Why do you 313's put get together to put out a CD with the tracks everyone
wants, all thro in $20 and put a good comp together...be a collective...