> I agree that Metro Area really put together a unique sound,
> but definitely not without precedence and influences.

oh yes totally agree... you can also hear plenty of 313 in it, in the realm of
cybotron / kraftwerk / YMO  influences, especially in the first MA 12-inch...
then coming in from the other side you have a Prelude / D-Train / Moroder kind
of synthetic disco.  The 2 coming together is bliss, especially for people who
like both techno AND disco, but you rarely get to hear that sound together on
more than a handful of good records.

peace,
Matt MacQueen