don't know where you guys have been but we've known this genre as elicso for
the last 6 minutes...

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2003 1:59 p.m.
To: 313 Detroit
Subject: Re: (313) electro house is taking over (maybe not just in OZ)

You can't just blame music writers, it's an industry thing. Realistically,
practically, if you look at the way music is organised in record stores - do
you really want to sort through all the country releases to get to that
Suburban Knight 12 inch? I can tell you also that the vast majority of
labels come from artists themselves. Never underestimate artists' attempts
to market themselves - and that's understandable. Eg. DJ Hell has claimed to
coining 'electroclash'.  I'm sure he didn't envisage what happened with
that. Big beat came from Fatboy Slim! 'House' came from punters at the
Warehouse. You could say media types often take things out of context, or
that magazines exploit it, sure. Some of our most loved music was a 'trend'
at one stage. Techno, New Romantic, whatever. I really think we have to
start to rethink whether 'fashion' is a bad thing. Fashion = change = flux.
It's not something the modern media created. It can be good and bad. What
makes techno special is it ultimately transcended fashion to be tied to a
certain era and beyond.