i agree with brendans post below. the software approach only becomes
invalid when the mix is presented in a trad 2x1200 and a mixer way (like a
lot of these main stream protooled juke-box style mixes)

i was listening to the megamix on the "techno 1 - the new dance sound"
compilation the other day and noticed (over)use of the spin back which i
guess made a lot of people see that this could be used when mixing in a live
(not
megamix) setting.

so when a dj hears some interesting approach done in software is he/she
more likely to try and reproduce this sort of this on decks?

i think he/she is, so i'm quite excited by all this. it's amazing what can
be done with a simple sampler, decent eqs and a delay live...this all
bodes well for the future of djing (as does the use of FS, so adding your
own edits into the mix).

i see there's another article in Jockey Slut this month saying that mixing
records together is an out of date approach. i beg to differ.

robin...