we have two extremes here. looped bangers all night, same tempo, boring as
hell. and then we have the approach where selection rules and there is a
lot more variety and mixing is secondary...(if there is just one or the
other i prefer the second, simply because this approach allows a dj to
read the floor and respond with a mood....ron hardy/shaman style)

what i'm saying is there is now a middle way between the two where the dj
plays a hugely varied selection with a brilliantly mixed flow...(imagine
this: genuinely a dj that can pull the bassline out of one track and lay
the highs and mids over the top of it all live in response to what
the crowd go metal over...)

to illustrate my point will mean me finally getting off me arse, smoking
less and recording all the ideas i have in me head :) (if i can, heh)

robin...