[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >Can anyone give me a couple of sentances on how this is done and what
> equipment is needed ?
>
> actually, I'd be pretty interested to know that too...
>
> is it the kind of thing you do on the fly, or is it something you have to
> sit down and think about and sort of sit there and do over and over
> (say, like building a track on cubase/reason or something?)
>
> Ta....
>
> oh, and if this is the 3rd wave, who was 1st and 2nd.......?  ;  )

I thought Robin meant:

1st Wave: Jimmy Saville (50's) to Levan etc. (early 80's)

2nd Wave: Acid House (85-ish) to Now (general beatmatching, DJing as an
artform, big money etc.)

3rd Wave: The future? (Digital mixing from laptops, personal edits, more
accessible, FX & outboard, without vinyl?)

Just my impressions,

Cheers,

Andrew