From: "Brendan Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mann, Ravinder [CCS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 3:22 PM
Subject: RE: (313) 3rd wave djing

Definitely - I'd love to see more people getting into doing this sort of
stuff!

Basically you are alright with a copy of Ableton - you can control it
adequately with a mouse and keyboard, and once you've got your tracks
together and ready to mix, you're away!

But to *really* step into the world of 3rd wave DJing, the best thing to
do is get hold of a MIDI controller keyboard which has lots of knobs and
sliders on it - map the sliders and knobs and keys to various Ableton
controls (mutes, volume levels, effects sends) and before long you'll
start to feel nearly as physically connected to the set you're playing
as you do with traditional decks and vinyl.

Brendan