From: "FRED giannelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "spw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: (313) Richie Hawtin "k"

Nah, Rich's stole the use of the letter k from Aliester Crowley.

magic = magick
music = musick

musick=magick

Ask Evil Clark...

telepathic regards,
the kooky scientist

on 6/13/03 12:51 PM, spw at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I deleted my inbox but I remember someone implying Jeff Mills copied

Richie

Hawtin's use of the letter k for his new label.
Alan Oldman also uses the letter k with his label Pure Sonik records.

I understand why Richie Hawtin likes the letter k as described in the

book

Techno Rebels but for design aesthetics a lot of words look better using

the

letter c instead of a k substitution, with a few exceptions like band
Kraftwerk
because the word is in German context and has symmetrical properties.
The label name KMS works well using the letter k especially in caps,

it's a

nice short abbreviated word, the letter k is not being used as a clever
substitution in a word.