Record label design is important for the very same reasons a good
company
logo design is important to a company.
this was my point with KMS (the aesthetic value of Kevin Saunderson's
initials) and a great logo design like Transmat.
I can easily spot a Transmat record a mile away without discerning the
text.

When it comes to techno labels as a general rule a name must have an
emphasis on technology and a disassociation from human culture like the
band
Kraftwerk.
Using KMS as an example, I can easily see KMS or Transmat being used
as company names in the technology Industry such as KMS
Microprocessors or Transmat Alloid.

> As someone who has done label art on this list (and gee... there aren't
> many otheres on this list who have done it ;P), yes.. label art is
> important, but at no point is it so important that it's importance
> eclipses that of the music.

I never said that although wouldn't misjudge it's i importance as
insignificant.
That would be foolish, now wouldn't it?

=====