and "Dolby's uncle (featured in a black and white photo on the CD cover)
drowned in a British submarine on manoeuvres late in the Second World War"
- as noted at cdbaby.com.

amazing this internet thing!
;)

MEK

                      The REAL Mxyzptlk

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      omcast.net>               cc:       313@hyperreal.org

                                                Subject:  (313) Re: Thomas
Dolby was Re: those moxie
                      06/25/03 12:55 PM          things

> > - Dolby was always
> > >looked over as a one hit wonder with "She Blinded Me
> > with Science"...
> >
> > Back in the day most of the people really into
> > collecting that ilk would
> > probably have said
> > that "...Science" was a bit past his peak - which was
> > (imo) "The Golden Age
> > of Wireless".
>
>***What people often forget about Thomas Dolby is that
>he produced and cowrote the first two albums for
>Whodoni, who have gone on to be sampled quite often in
>electronic music. Andrew

Or that his dad is *that*  Professor Dolby (noise redux). And that he used
to play keys in Lene Lovich's band and (I think) ex-Buggles (Video Killed
the Radio Star) Bruce Wooley's Camera Club.

                                                         jeff
np- TD : Europa and the Pirate Twins