and "Dolby's uncle (featured in a black and white photo on the CD cover)
drowned in a British submarine on manoeuvres late in the Second World War"
- as noted at cdbaby.com.

amazing this internet thing!
;)

MEK

AMG says his dad was an archaeologist (quite possible), but I *do* recall Dolby saying in an interview that his dad (or some relative) was indeed the creator of the Dolby redux system. I know he had one of the early wave machine synths and actually concentrated on production after his broke and he couldn't afford to get it fixed to do more tracks himself.

                        jeff