> >***What people often forget about Thomas Dolby is that
> >he produced and cowrote the first two albums for
> >Whodoni, who have gone on to be sampled quite often in
> >electronic music. Andrew
>
> Or that his dad is *that*  Professor Dolby (noise redux). And that he used
> to play keys in Lene Lovich's band and (I think) ex-Buggles (Video Killed
> the Radio Star) Bruce Wooley's Camera Club.
>
>                                                          jeff
> np- TD : Europa and the Pirate Twins>

Strange, didn't realize that his dad was *that* Dolby. Not sure if that's
the case.

If so, why did Dolby Labs conduct a long-running litigation on him for the
use of his real surname, 'Dolby'? Virtually finished his career.

Know what he does now?

Makes stings/jingles for consumer/business electronic appliances (like
mobile 'phones).

www.lexiconmagazine.com/NWC/Now/dolby.html

Lucrative, but sad.