>>PG> Cool, some of my faith in this list has restored! I thought all of
>your
>>were just gaga over anything that carl puts out.

Alex Bond >well I guess I'm guilty a little of that. I have to say though I
think out
>of all the detroit 'heads' I feel he has the most consistency, and to this
>day is still making very good records.

I just bought it too! Can't say I like everything Craig does but heard abt
this and then actually heard it, and to me, it's the bees! Maybe I'm getting
more, errr, demented(?) in my old age but whilst I've really been very happy
to avoid 'looped bangers by numbers,' what I think of as the essence of a
tough techno track - which is really quite an old tradition in techno - was
never problem with that sub-genre in the first place. The problem was too
many lazy or just plain talentless producers. But I will always give a
Surgeon record or anything Downwards a listen, ditto, Rob Hood, Mills,
Sativae, Jamie Liddell (sp?) Landstrumm (proly others who/which I can't
think of right now) ... get the picture? So when I heard CC had done this,
well, we know his rep, his mind (to a v small extent),  I expected something
at least half-good, and it is indeed impressive (to me). It's true that it
isn't really bedtime listening/for home use, but that's never been the sole
criteria for a record to be 'good' imho.

Peace

(but not whilst it's playing tho' ;-)