Ryan  Snowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I thought it was very average in Manchester.  If I wanted a hip hop gig I'd
> go to one.  Is this what planet-e is pushing for?  And he could have played
> some better hip hop too *snigger*.  Apart from that, the fact that an MC was
> talking over everything and one air conditioning wall unit upstairs blowing
> smoke really made it an average night.  And those curtains just did NOTHING
> except get in the way.  Whats the point?

....but this was at Eyes Down...they love their hiphop and i'll groove
to anything that's quality and played on a nice clear PA that shakes
plaster off the ceiling, and by people who are properly into this not just
in it for the cash...

people need to let go of the "i'll only dance to _insert fave genre_", a
nice variety in a night really grabs me now rather than 5 hours of
seemlessly blended techno loops...don't get me wrong i love techno too but
if they're not playing that i don't fret but appreciate when i do go to a
techno nite...

oh yeah and about the venue...i love the down and dirty vibe of the place
(band on the wall) it feels more like a party (as in block party) and less
like i'm meant to be wearing a shirt and shiney shoes...

overall hats off to the Eyes Down gang for putting him on

robin...