> Robert Taylor wrote on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 about following:
>
> > "Play some Meatloaf" (OK - that was me but I was only joking - or was I?)
>
> on almost every gig i play someone asks me to play "paranoid" by black
> sabbath. i swear one day i take it with me and just switch to it
> immediately someone asks me to play it.

I heard some electronic rmx of a black sabbath song forget wha it is, sweet
leaf maybe?

> "can you play something more danceable" is also quite common, as well as
> "do you have any hip hop", "can you play <insert local rock band name
> here>" etc..

my favorite is when guys walk up and ask, er um more like demand, to "flow"
over what ever i'm playing. then when i say i'm really not into that, they
stand there and yell raps in my face like that is going convince me. this
happens everytime at co-op parties and last friday i thought this guy wanted to
punch me, instead he kept calling me a "hater" and proceded to ruin an already
messed up vibe by the fuzz.

had someone once ask me to "can you play some hank", i replied which one.

my fiend was playing a wedding reception, this guy walked up and asked if he
had a cd player. he said no, the guy replies "i have this alice dj set, let me
pull my car around and we can rock out".

i have found the best way to deflect these question with a positve out come is
to say i play vinyl and if they have any records they want me to play to bring
them up. i know one day this will bite me in the ass when that person has the
record on them. guess then it's on to plan b to put the record where they can
see it and when they ask why i have not played it yet reply, "i'm trying ot
work it in".

scotto
lansing, mi.
plaztikjezuz.com