> And as much as I hate to disagree with Sean Deason (who has put out an
> album I consider one of the greatest records I've ever heard), but
> back in the day, Duran (and Spandau) *was* cheesy amongst the headz!

That was latent sexism in the UK rock press because they had a young female
following it was assumed that they were wack - their male fans were silent
as they didn't want to look unmasculine/uncool.
I always had an issue with that.
To this day I despise NME.
As I get older all these male Duranies are emerging...
Trivia for the day: I once read Lauryn Hill was a Duranie.