Ravinder Mann wrote:
> Is there good slower techno out there that it not too 'noodly' and 'soft'.
> I don't mind the harshness is more to do with the BPMs.

The new Aztec Mystic on UR isn't bad at -4 ;-)

Fix remix o'course... (listens to it for the 70th time)

Seriously, in my experience it's always a welcome surprise to hear a techno
tune I'm not immediately reaching for the pitch with. A recent one was the
Eedio record on Device, the B2 is a killer, and of course the Every Dog
releases on Axis. Also Dem Young Sconies by KDJ. Kirk DeGiorgio on New
Religeon's a good slower one too. In fact a lot of what would maybe be quite
boring techno releases suddenly find a new life when loosened up a bit, even -1
or -2 can do wonders for a track. Try it! Those 'boring' loop tracks might find
a new life for you.

Funnily enough, I've been getting more accepting of faster tempo stuff at the
mo, kind of feeling that energy again, sometimes it's so right at 135-140bpm.

Andrew

P.S. This is totally OT but I saw Jazzy Jeff last night at the Jazz Cafe (sorry
non-Londoners) and if anyone was thinking of missing it - DON'T!! Amazing
performance, both him and the band, he played for ages after the gig and then
Tony Touch came in by surprise and hammered on loads of ragga! Jazz was playing
house, and TT played loads of house and rare groove, a real surprise for such a
hardass NY DJ. F*ckin ace, I'm going back for the last night on Sunday. Cheers!
:^)