OK, I'll come clean - it's me. I'm the only person on this list who can't
stand Bjork. Imo she's not original in any way: Bowie, Bush, Joplin, Nico et
al
all did what Bjork does first and a lot better + unlike Bjork, they
could/can sing. People taking her songs and marrying them up to structures
with a more dance floor-orientated sensibility, doesn't disguse the fact
that they're bloody awful compositions in the first place. Therefore, my
Bjork recommendation would be to listen to
something else. My (not so) humble opinion.