From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 September 2003 10:16
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Org
Subject: RE: (313) Bjork Recommendations...

A few years ago I was at a gig by Daft Punk's Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo
(excellent, excellent dj who deliberately keeps a low profile, a lot of
people don't even know he's also a member of that group). He was playing a
beautiful (and wide-ranging) set and the knowledgeable crowd was being very
appreciative. Then suddenly, the first finger-nails
scratching-down-a-blackboard-black-board-like screeches of Bjork pierced out
of the speakers as he decided to push the boundaries even further. I winced.
As I glanced around, I noticed many people doing similar things, some people
started to leave the floor. With consumate skill though, Guy picked up the
sentiment in a flash and the track never materialized. Moral of the story:
be as wide ranging and as experimental as you like, but pls don't inflict
lack of talent masquerading as something else on to people who have a
slightly more discerning ear than the average, as it just won't work!